It is important that all members take time to understand how the club is run and what is expected of them. We have a disciplinary code in the Rules and will adhere to it, so please remember to be on your best behaviour when representing the club. For the past five years we have had an exemplary disciplinary record with the Southern Amateur League (SAL), the league in which we play, and the Amateur Football Alliance (AFA), our parent County, and want this to continue this coming season.
Keeping up to date
Follow the club APFC Twitter account (http://www.twitter.com/AlexandraParkFC). This is especially useful on Saturdays when games maybe called off due to unplayable pitches.
Sign up to receive the weekly newsletter (http://eepurl.com/bCJpMv). The newsletter contains all Selection and Match information, match reports and club news and announcements.
The AP website (http://www.alexandraparkfc.co.uk/) is updated weekly with Selection and Match information and also contains on the club rules and history.
The AP App – You can download the APFC App from Google Play or the Apple Appstore:
- Search for and download Team App
- Sign up to Team App once downloaded. You will be sent an email to confirm your registration
- Login to the app and search for “APFC“
- Choose your access group(s).
- If you don’t have a smartphone the app can be used online here: apfc.teamapp.com
All playing members need to be registered with the league in order to be eligible to play. If you are not registered you will not be available for selection.
All new members are asked to fill in the membership form.
What you need to pay
The Alexandra Park Club is a self-financing organisation and as such the Club relies on its members to pay their fees promptly throughout the year.
|Match Fee||Club Membership||Football Subscription|
|Weekly||Due 30th September||Due 4th November|
|Seniors||£10||£25||£70*||* Reduced to £60 if paid before 4th November|
|Students||£5||£25||£15||Proof of full time study required|
Ways of paying
1. Standing Order
This includes all match fees, club membership and football subscription
Seniors: £30/month (from 1st Sept 2017 – 1st May 2018 incl). Please set up to pay on 1st of the month
Students/U21: £14/month (from 1st Sept 2017 – 1st May 2018 incl). Please set up to pay on 1st of the month
Please email Richard Gibbs for details.
Pay your match fee, in full, to your captain after each game. e or by paying a little extra each week along with your match fee
Club Membership/Subscriptions (not match fees) can be paid in full by sending a cheque (payable to Alexandra Park Club) to R. Gibbs 38, Marsden Road, Welwyn Garden City, Herts AL8 6XZ
Selection & Match Day
- Don’t “cry off” after having made yourself available for selection. If you must cry-off for unexpected reasons, then ONLY contact the nominated ‘cry-off’ person shown in the Newsletter. This person co-ordinates the cry-offs and will contact your Captain on your behalf. If you persistently cry-off, you will be put on the reserve list and your place given to someone who keen to play each week.
- If you have not been notified by Thursday evening that you have been selected, contact the Captain you last played for. Please let you Captain know if you are going to be unavailable for the coming week(s).
- Be on time. Be sure that you know the exact location of where the game is to be played. Arrange to be at the ground or meeting place before the appointed time. If you are late contact your Captain to advise him as soon as possible.
- Please pay your match fees each week. If you persistently fail to pay you will be suspended.
- Please make your Captain’s job easier by volunteering to do simple jobs, like washing the kit occasionally, writing match reports for the newsletter, helping put up goal/nets…not too much to ask for the unseen time your Captain puts in during the week.
- Please accept you Captains decision about who he makes a substitute, or who he takes off during a game. Your Captain is in charge of the team and these are tough decisions for him, without added pressures from his players. The league and cups operate a “Rolling Subs” rule so if you are subbed off there is a good chance you will get subbed back on.
- If you are made a substitute but would rather start a game for a lower team, please let your Captain know and he will take this into account the following week when selecting his team. Please remember that starting a game doesn’t mean that you may not be substituted at some stage. This is a squad game and no one can be guaranteed to play 90 minutes every week.
- Players are expected to know that any bookings for dissent or sending offs will lead to immediate Club suspensions unless the Selection/Football Committee considers there are extenuating circumstances. All players are also expected to pay their AFA fines for any bookings (£12 per booking) and sending offs (£25 upwards depending on severity of offence).